DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: Atonement: The End

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. My goal with the game was to create a living tabletop campaign-style RPI. I know that the game diverged away from this concept to a more standard sandbox for a while, when I was gone and others had to step up to replace me. Ultimately, the sandbox approach seemed to be more popular - particularly with off-peak players who missed out on a lot of the constant events that would be run by the staff. Ultimately, my goal with Atonement was never to create the most popular RPI, but rather to create an unparalleled story with the aid of the community, utilizing crafting and technology in a way that I don't think many other MUDs have managed to do - and release the engine as open-source to hopefully inspire a new wave of RPIs.

I think that we succeeded in all of our goals that we laid out from the start and, in particular, I am very pleased with the story that we told. I am very excited to be heading up a commercial project with some of the folks from the community, next: I think that there is a lot yet to be done in the world of Independent RPGs in terms of immersiveness and storytelling.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote