Thread: You
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #20
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
I will reiterate myself, since you obviously misunderstood (or simply did not READ) what I said. Some people do not have it, and some people simply don't give a ####. If my previous statement was too subtle, I apologize.

People who are 'unable' to install a snippet has nothing to do with it. I am quite able to install a snippet, and if I wanted I could write my OWN version of dynamic descriptions. I simply don't have an interest in it.

Room descriptions are supposed to be exactly that. Descriptions of a room (this being a representation of a virtual location, not necessarily a four-walled box), not how the player perceives it based on all this information you already know about them... that should be left up to the player.

For example, a dwarf with a courage of 1% encounters a Titan... that would to you mean the dwarf would fear the Titan... but, get this... the player who created the character intended it to be scared of everything BUT Titans! *gasp* STUPID PLAYER! Don't they know that tht 1% courage means they have to fear Titans?! While your system does work... I wouldn't say it works WELL (and that's my opinion).

Room descriptions should describe a setting.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote