View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #195
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Unless there's an objection to the proposed "four checkbox" system, I'll try to run it by Synozeer at the end of the weekend or so.

In the meantime: Taken from link:

Subject : Re: (MUD-Dev]) Pay Muds & Free Muds - working together, or against each other?

First, I run a pay mud, not a free mud. It doesn't charge (yet) for on-line time, but to advance the strenght and variety of your abilities very far upwards takes money. Players buy credits to raise their skills (as a particular skill goes up, they gain more abilities that are contained within that skill). Maxxing out all your skills isn't something most people do, but to get, for instance, all three of your class-related skills to Transcendent (the max), would cost, if you bought the largest amount of credits at once that you could, about, $330. Maxxing out your character takes about $1200.

This checks out with the cost estimates posted, as far as the pure-cash route. The first sentence sure is interesting, though.

Questions for IRE players: How long (time-wise) would it take you to start with a new account, and get all three of your guild's skills to transcendant? I continue to be curious about what the trade-off is.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote