View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
Aeran

Aeran is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for MUD that allow bots

Do you read all EULA's and follow what's written in them? Sometimes I try to read some of the game EULAs that come with games I buy because it is an interesting read. Often what is written in them can be quite weird to say the least. I heard of one game who's EULA actually demands you to phone the publisher if you don't agree with it. On a number that might be a toll number, too . Could people who start the installation get sued if they don't phone the company to say they disagree? Would you have phoned them?

Of course I am no lawyer so it is hard to say what is written actually means. My interpretation might be completely wrong.

They make games that target pretty much ordinary people - and often very young people - that come with EULAs that often aren't read and if they were read probably would need legal expertise to actually understand.

That's breaking the rules of the game. Something the players who do could be banned for.

In my opinion it is pretty simple. If a big company sends a C&D to you it doesn't matter if you are innocent or not. You have little choice but to cease operation because you have much more to lose.

I think it is an interesting discussion. Not all bots are evil .
Aeran is offline   Reply With Quote