View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #19
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
Exclamation

Perhaps the name "playerkill" should be changed community-wide (not feasible) but I do like the character vs character naming convention as its more suitable for both HnS and RP muds. To me a player is the person behind the character not the character.

I have rp'd both evil and good characters that have been killed (non-permdeath games). The kills on both sides were always roleplayed well in advance. The kills were part of either clan/guild war or for another reason that had been building over time.

I think in a limited "PK" mud if the staff can set forth guidelines such as those offered in a previous message and follow through on it, it can work and work well, adding a large appeal to the game for a wider variety of players.

During the above clan war, the RP between my clan and our enemy had people coming to mud to see what was gonna happen next. Alot of times even neutral parties got pulled into things just by being in the "right place" at the "right time" (depends on the individual).

Sorry I am rambling now.
I will stop
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote