View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 03:42 AM   #14
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
In response to Thelenian, there are some people who treat murder seriously, enough to the point where their characters are horrified if someone kills an npc walking around town. The problem, I suppose, is that not everyone treats this the same way. Some people could care less about their character killing an npc, some people could care less about their character killing a pc. So.. I suppose what we would be searching for is a way to integrate a universal standard into the game, one which all the players would abide by.

This could be difficult, as, like I said, not every player treats their character's actions the same way. So.. do you just suddenly say that "Killing is bad"? Do you perhaps try to do it in an ic manner, by posting the "laws of the city" and having the npc guards (and perhaps especially the other players) crack down on murder? Actually.. that just might work... *runs off to contemplate her new idea*

But yes, I think that if everyone could agree that killing is bad, and is punishable ic, then maybe players will be a bit more careful about senseless killing.. and will be cautious as to just who else is aware of their actions... If they can be put on trial and punished for murder, maybe they will not be so quick to kill another character for that uber piece of equipment, at least not without realizing the consequences of their actions...
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote