Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #21
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
I think you will find it nearly impossible for anyone to address a topic labeled sex without branching out into the various aspects of how it can have an effect upon a game.

To answer the question however, I do not participate in MUDsex. I will play out romance to a very intimate level if I am reasonably assured that my counterpart is an adult who has a firm grasp of the complexity of story telling. Unfortunately in relation to sex in story telling finding such an individual is nigh on impossible. So when the romance progresses to hank-panky for me it is time to play a little Metallica and 'Fade to Black'.

To address the tangent that others have taken I think CHATsex has been a destroyer of many an otherwise good game. Frankly as soon as people get their cyber libido going any adherence to story-line and RP is often tossed right out the window. I have seen this occur even is so called RP encouraged and enforced games. Some people seem to care about getting their cyber-kicks more then the integrity of the lore of the game they play. Such is what it is. Some people enjoy it I just pick up and move on to a new game.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote