View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #3
Phaistus

Phaistus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Phaistus
I have been mudding for years and I have always avoided the thief/rogue class like the plague.  They always seemed like one trick ponies; stay hidden, attack with a huge amount of damage and try and kill someone with one or two skills.  But in recent years the Carrionfields mud has made huge progress towards their thief/rogue class that is above and beyond things I have seen on other muds.  The rogue classes have around 60 unique skills that aren't available to other classes.  You could play 10 different thieves and come up with something entirely different each time around.

- You can devote your life to becoming a conventional thief, the man with the quick hands who lightens your mark's purse in a crowded marketplace.

- You can become a cuthroat who makes his living pilfering through the corpses of his most recent foes.

-Rule the crowded roadways with homemade traps and prey upon unsuspecting travelers along the great roads of Thera.

-Dabble in the poisons and stealthily poison your enemies food or perhaps you are more sinister than even that and break them down with a mind control poison so that they must do your bidding.

-And of course there is my favorite.  The binder thieves who are the masters of kidnapping in which they utilize a variety of trussing skills to totally incapacitate their enemies.

-And of course you can mix and match any of the aforementioned "thief paths" to some degree and make something totally unique.

By far the best rogue class structure I have seen on any mud.
Phaistus is offline   Reply With Quote