View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #85
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Well, I can think of a couple reasons to do it. You could have a blog that gets virtually no traffic and you hope it would get more widely read on TMS. Or perhaps you run a blog that isn't focused specifically on text MUDs (like my blog...I focus on virtual worlds and games in general rather than a specific kind of them) and you want to write something that is only likely to be of interest to text MUDers. I don't tend to write about text MUDs all that much on my blog because most of the readership isn't too familiar with them.

On the other hand, one of the reasons I'd hesitate to take time to write an article for TMS is simply because nobody in the wider games industry is likely to see it. The other people who write reasonably well-read virtual world/games blogs don't read TMS for the most part and because forums don't support things like trackback I can't easily see and join in the side conversations that form around an article when other bloggers link to it and begin talking about it.

Makes me wonder if one way to get the word out more widely about text MUDs would be for more text MUD admins to enter the blogosphere and start talking about them and linking to sites read by people who are not already into text MUDs. Hard to say how much activity would be required to generate significant new traffic to MUD sites though. My guess is quite a lot.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote