View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 PM   #46
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Revolutionary New OLC and Scripting

I don't see how me posting the IP of the person who changed the Wikipedia page and asking if it was you was " vigilante-ism" I believe it's 100% logical that I'd have suspected it was you considering DG Scripts has had a Wikipedia page for over four years and not until earlier this month around the same time you came back to the MUD Community had anyone ever edited it to hint that it was derived from NiMScript. As for your WHOA comments, I sincerely feel you suffer from paranoia and need to seek mental help.

a.) I don't stalk you.

"Where does Locke live??" -- Fizban

b.) Your reputation in the MUD community has been in shambles for almost a decade, I haven't harmed it irreparably, and in fact nothing online can cause irreparable damage to your reputation. It's the internet, none of us know you in real life, everything is more or less anonymous.

Actually, I don't think my "reputation is in shambles", only you, a hater, seems to think that way. I cannot speak for those who dislike me: they will always be there, misunderstanding me and spending their time pointlessly arguing with me. I have helped you, period. Chris did not want to release the code at all, it was I who released OLC after convincing him to permit it. As for the opinions of the folks at MudBytes, or Kyndig, those people have proven to be sub-par, violent and probably unhappy people. I cannot help them further.

I certainly don't gauge my entire life's work on the work I do in this community. If I did I'd be a destitute hippie living out of garbage cans and mudding at the public library. (Not to mention apparently Owen Emlen's personal slave.)

I'm sure KaVir and Tyche will chime in at some point to join in the Locke bashing contest. Maybe you could get Kyndig over here to threaten me again? Or maybe Samson can come and complain about people using his open source software. Why don't you pick on somebody you're own size, instead of bothering someone who helps you and your community for $0? Hey, maybe Owen will buy a house with all of my hard work.

c.) If you feel unsafe because of what some meanie on the forum said I'd suggest going and giving mommy a big hug so she can make it all better.

Mom's dead, kid. She's been dead since I was 8 years old. It goes to show how little you really know about me.

d.) I'm not Owen. Yes he is scum for breaking the Merc license, the DIKU license, and your license, but I'm not him, he's not in this discussion and he has nothing to do with this discussion.

No one is accusing you of being Owen. I've called Owen but he has yet to return my calls; but he has a public life, I'm sure I'll get a chance to talk to him if I feel it's necessary.

e.) Tyche (I assume you meant Tyche anyway, his name is Jon Lambert, not Jason Lambert.) is not a crook. You've claimed once before on TMC that he was "irreputable" and I laughed at you then. He is thought by many to be 'THE' best coder in the MUD community and one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to random facts like when specific pieces of code were written. If Tyche edited Wikipedia pages regarding your OLC it was to make them be more accurate, period.

I didn't really mention Tyche. I don't consider him to be a nemesis, but I do expect him to chime in when others do.

REALLY? Thanks for clearing that up! I was blaming someone named Jason Lambert from my university, who seemed to know a bit about the situation when he confronted me. He's a bully (JLambert), though, too -- at least to me. He has made them inaccurate and, along with Nandesuka, has redacted evidence and frankly, I ****ing hate those people. I hate them for their slander, their malicious behavior and complete irrationality. I hate Nandesuka for bothering me in my personal e-mail, for maliciously permitting users to post personal data about me, for lying about my dead friend and obscuring our impact. OLC is a part of a number of MUDs, not "just a couple" or "a few" but dozens of MUDs.

I do have to say though that JLambert, whomever that is, has not won every battle. But, let me quote you this "greatly improved article" on its perception of what my MUD contributed to the open source community:

"The in 1994 released Merc derived codebase The Isles featured online creation, written by Christopher Woodward, and dubbed OLC by co-developer Herb Gilliland."

With a reference that reads "Herb Gilliland, Christopher Woodward (1994) The Isles 1.1" even though it was released in December, written in September and was copyrighted in October!

1) "The in 1994 released" ??? I think you guys need a B-12 shot for being such ignoramouses.

2) I wrote OLC for years after Chris wrote it. He only worked on the project for a month or two, and the version I released had plenty of code in it from me. Specifically, the ability to type the names of bits instead of writing just numbers which is what Chris wrote. I did dub it OLC though, at least that phrase is correct. We did not copy it from Kalgen, we did not model it after Hidden Worlds per se, we wrote it ourselves.

3) All you do is censor the author. Screw them and screw Wikipedia. It bothers me how much you losers lie about things just to make yourselves look better -- to whom one can only imagine.

Last edited by locke : 03-18-2009 at 11:59 PM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote