View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
Sergeytov

Sergeytov is on a distinguished road
Re: Encouraging Money Velocity

Some other things I'm trying out to keep money flowing within the PC to PC community.

1) I created 'NPC small businesses' that can be bought and owned by players. Some of these come with 'special abilities' (like special access to network nodes, at higher levels might eventually include genetic engineering labs and such) - These entities are fully transferable, just like any other 'object' like a pistol or armor.

2) I created the ability for PCs to make 'holding companies', like corporations. The idea here being that PCs can now combine their money to make larger purposes (like those businesses in point 1).

3) I created code to support PC to PC lending. Especially important in the case of big items that might require collateral.

The changes I mentioned earlier seem to have been received well enough by the players, and are keeping more money 'in the game.' The problem is that there just isn't /enough/ money floating in the PC economy yet to fully support such things. Hopefully the loan support will help.
Sergeytov is offline   Reply With Quote