View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #36
Sinuhe

Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Valg wrote; July 05 2005,15:11

Maybe I expressed myself badly. I wasn't referring to Muds that have a large number of balanced reviews spread over a long time period. Especially not when those reviews show several aspects of the game, and are not just a bunch of 4-line promotion blurbs. This seems to be the case with your game.

What I was referring to was the phenomenon that certain Muds suddenly get 5-10 short but over-enthusiastic 'reviews' in a couple of days' time. This leads to the inevitable conclusion that either the owners themselves write them, or that some form of in-game reward is involved. The latest example of this deplorable practice was Medievia (right before they disabled all reviews) but there are lots of others. A quick look at the date of the reviews can be very enlightening.

And again; the people who have any intelligence take all reviews with a big grain of salt and would be perfectly able to sort out both the fan-boy crap and the trolls.  In addition to this the List Admin will remove any blatant and unfounded attacks on the request of the game owner. So that is really no valid reason for disabling reviews. There must be other reasons for this, and most of us can use the same intelligence guess what they are.
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote