View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #16
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Single User Dungeon

It can do whatever your mind can envision.. almost literally.. when I was playing with it I wanted to create a puzzle where you wanted to disable a computer and take manual control. I coded a puzzle where you went through the ship enabling all kinds of time managed operations.. such as ordering the computer to make food, diliberatly throwing water on a bed to make it send cleaning droids and so on.. finally when you got the CPU to hit 100% you could open a panel and rip out the chips as the CPU didnt have the processing power to enable the energy field... I am not a programmer and was able to code this puzzle quite easily.

I also configured the example RPG to have more stats, extra levels, more spells, a much more powerful health system (if you were badly wounded you bled slowely to death until you bandaged the wounds)armour types on body parts etc with minimal reference to the manual.

As far as I am concerned, It would be possible to import every table and rule from a table top roleplaying game, use the dice mechanic in the example inform RPG, tie it all together using the inform code and the program would use it.. all you need then is the environment stuff.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote