Thread: TO all mudders!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 09:58 PM   #4
Wenlin

Wenlin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wenlin
Hmm, I tried TEC when I thought mud was wet dirt. TEC was pretty impressive from my newbie point of view. Looking back, the pros seem to be good roleplaying, level-less system, and goto command...
also, realistic damage, (heh, sometimes my arm got gashed and started bleeding, people looked at me REAL funny) and if you get your leg broken, you can't walk, if your arm is broken, you can't swing your sword. Heights are accurate too, a mouse cannot hit you in the eyes, only below the waist.

ehh, cons, which I don't think are fixed by mudding for a year is that the city is HUGE AND CONFUSING. They got player made maps, but it doesn't completely help.
Lotta players, even though the system is freely pk, I think, you get in trouble for killing innocent adventurers. But the mess of players makes sure that all the zones are "camped", as in they are filled with people already there and doing anything might get you accused of killstealing.
Skills seemed kind of hard to get better at...

Ehh, it has been a VERY long time, years, since I set foot in the confusing world of TEC, but the Nazi of Soup's argument has facts behind it...
Wenlin is offline   Reply With Quote