Thread: Fact VS Opinion
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
outsider

Home MUD: Threshold
outsider is on a distinguished road
Re: Fact VS Opinion

I agree. The basic problem with the whole RPI thing is, whether roleplay is 'intensive' or not is highly subjective. What enables and/or defines 'intensive' roleplay will vary from person to person. Therefore, the label RPI(Role Play Intensive) is an opinion, not a fact. This will lead to countless arguements as people try to establish it as a label for a certain feature set, no matter what that feature set is. If I go around telling people that my sexiness is more intense than theirs because I'm six feet tall, have long dark hair, and blue eyes, shouldn't I expect for all the sexy people with red hair and green eyes to either write me off as an arrogant idiot or argue against the IS(Intensely Sexy) label I give to myself and people like me?

AFS, at first glance, seems to be a more reasonable label, as it's actually fact as far as I can tell. People saw a bunch of features they liked in Armageddon, and they started using them to make other muds that they liked. That says alot about the quality of Armageddon I think, and they deserve the kudos that they'd get via people using the AFS label.

Last edited by outsider : 04-29-2008 at 01:30 PM.
outsider is offline   Reply With Quote