View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 07:43 AM   #87
Geras

Geras is on a distinguished road
So... is the argument on specific criteria now, or is it on wether or not there are criteria?

Isn't that exactly what you got mad at KaVir for to begin with Aristotle? Making broad statements like that? I do agree though. =p

I don't really see how at least some OOC communications would hurt any MUD in any way... and if it doesn't hurt the MUD, shouldn't players (not characters) be allowed the freedom to speak with each other?

A problem I see with imposing specfic conditions (ie permdeath) is that that limits RPIs to certain themes, or at least excludes some themes (such as some religious themes as Aristotle aptly pointed out.)

Still, there must be some fundamental criteria that we can all agree upon such as roleplay enforced at all times, advancement through RP, and some kind of (harsher than your typical HS) penalty for death?

And does anyone disagree that there is a definite distinction to be made to the stock rp enforced MUD with characters saying "Yay! I lvled!" and the more... distinguished MUDs such as Threshold, Armageddon, Harshlands, SoI... etc?
Geras is offline   Reply With Quote