View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Bobo the Bee

Bobo the Bee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bobo the Bee Send a message via MSN to Bobo the Bee Send a message via Yahoo to Bobo the Bee Send a message via Skype™ to Bobo the Bee
Bobo's Tour de Mud

This is where I'll post the link to the reviews of MUDs I feel like doing, along with the summary of how I feel about it. If you'd like to comment to agree or disagree with my thoughts, feel free to do so here or on the blog itself -- here you're more likely to get a response, I think.

Mud Title: Admin: KaVir
Up Since: 2003ish (Beta Testing began January 11th of that year)
Codebase: Custom - Featuring Manual Combat and a Roomless World.
Time Played Before Review: 2 weeksish.

Mud Summary: GodWars II is a combat-oriented, PK-heavy MUD that has been completely built by KaVir from the ground up, who continues to develop for the game. The combat system is unique, deep, and complex and is fairly well balanced -- though, as usual, most swear on some things being overpowered, and tweaks to the system are often made. A personal dislike is that the Mud is very RP-discouraged, but it doesn't try to be anything like that so I can hardly condemn the place for it. Someone described GW2 to me as 'the ultimate time waster' and I tend to agree -- and we both say that in both a complimentary and condemning manner.

Grade: A (+++unique combat and movement, +customization, +war, +GUI. --Poor Documentation, --Sometimes Faulty Mechanics, --Players can be a bit offensive)
Jump to: (B)

Last edited by Bobo the Bee : 11-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Bobo the Bee is offline   Reply With Quote