View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #65
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

So, you're against providing more information for MUD searches? Why? Do you have something to hide? That is, after all, exactly the implication you've leveled at those of us who find adding a handful of revenue gathering options to MUD searches to be insufficiently descriptive?

Or am I misreading your sarcasm? I mean, your MUD, for instance, is run as a hobby. Don't you think some players might want to know that ahead of time? If your motive for wanting revenue gathering options to be added to MUD searches is, as you claim, to help the players by providing more information, then don't you think that players would like to be able to search for MUDs that are specifically run by hobbyists as opposed to professionals? Is it impossible to imagine that some people might want to play only one or the other, for whatever reason? (Perhaps they want to support MUDs as a hobby, perhaps they want an experience that includes full-time staff, etc.)

Or is it that you think that perhaps "hobbyist" doesn't accurately capture what your MUD is about (I happen to agree it doesn't). Imagine feeling that way! Oh wait....

--matt

Last edited by the_logos : 08-25-2007 at 12:27 AM.
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote