View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
RP Kris

RP Kris is on a distinguished road
Re: RP Enforced or RP Mandatory MUDS

This thread isn't about me finding a MUD at this point, it is to open up discussion about how difficult it is to weed through claims to find RP enforced environments. I don't feel the RPI network meets this requirement because by their own admission these games aren't classified solely by RP enforcement but also by game features they are seemingly still trying to identify (based on recent threads). A game doesn't have to be an RPI to be RP enforced and have a rich RP environment. I'm also not talking about play-by-chat or play-by-post games as they are vastly different from MUDs and have their own seperate communities.

I'm also recognizing that there could possibly be other networks or web communities out there that accurately identify these RP enforced games. If there is I have never run across them. This is also not a bash of TMS. They have been a great resource for the web community. I've just not found "RP Mandatory" searches of MUDs to be very accurate. I worry that the community as a whole is going to lose present roleplayers and not gain new roleplayers because from experience, finding a new RP enforced MUD often feels like finding a needle in a haystack.
RP Kris is offline   Reply With Quote