View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #13
Xorith

Xorith is on a distinguished road
I believe your point is, in fact, made moot by how personal it is. If you think the ability to chat with other MUDs is more trouble than it is worth, then so be it. IMC2 networks are just another facet of the MUD community. So just as you can make this completely moot claim, I could turn around and say the same thing about LPMuds given I've had a poor experience with that branch of things.

Though, I do appreciate your personal opinion. However in my case it's over-ruled by the fact that the ability to exchange ideas with others from the comfort of my own MUD makes it very much worthwhile. Many of times I have been stumped on code, and I was able to turn to the community that my MUD is hooked into.

Lets think beyond the bounderies of the specifics here. I've seen this SAME sort of behavior that the ICE-MAN network is showing between MUDs. We've witnessed similar between MUD hosts, and no doubt I could search back and even find MUD resource sites doing it. Putting aside the IMC2 Network part, this sort of behavior needs to be brought to light so it can be prevented.

That's all I'm doing here.

-- Xorith
Xorith is offline   Reply With Quote