View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: Codebase with Crafting

If you do use Coffeemud, you could totally like, release your areas. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm being quite serious. Instead of attracting players to your Mud, you could put your areas up for other muds to use. You could probably do this on other codebases too, I just think, given how much coffeemud lets you do without programming, it's likely to have more originality than more rom/diku areas, which we probably don't need.

I believe Discworld uses bhost. I know Epitaph, which is not really publicized, but I can't wait until it opens, does, and the person running that came from a ten-year or so period as a Discworld wizard. So obviously it works for muds.

The reason I don't want to use Moo is that it only has timing to a second, and would probably be too slow and/or hackish for things I would want to do; in addition, all classes are numbers, not names, unless you jump through some extra hoops. It is good, though, it's just I already know other programming languages. For someone who doesn't know much coding but wants to get something up and running, Moo is probably a good choice; it's well-documented, there's plenty of resources, and it has a complete manual including what to do if you want to start from nothing (you have no idea how rare that is in, say, the Lpc world). You'll probably have trouble finding a core that will do what you want, though.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote