Thread: Harassment
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
Ingham

Okay, so here's the current situation:

I come back to my old MUD after being offline for quite a while. I add one of my old friends from it to my IM client and we just chat a few hours away together about things that have changed untill I get a warning from my friend. Apparently, the level of favouritism (something which I truely loathe. People should be chosen based on their skills, not on their ability to deepthroath) has risen to a horrible level where a certain female players desperately tries to gain favour with the immortals by mudsex, webcam strip shows and even tried to get favour through RL sex. I got told that quite a few people had done naughty things to her, made it public and got banned by her immortal friends in return and that she is a general horrible mud slut who happens to be 16 y/o with a kid. Sounds lovely.

I didn't pay much attention to it though, considering she was a level 50 players (like the aforementioned player) and level 50 players share their own channel, neglecting the common channel where level 1 through 49 people talk on. Anyways, after a few days of mudding I spot this player my friend talked about. Without any hidden intentions, I go talk to her a bit, trying to get her side of the story because my old "friend" has proven herself to be untrustworthy. So we talk a bit, a bit more the next day and on for a couple of days as I slowly gather her version of the story without making it seems like an interrogation. Turns out she isn't 16, she's 18 years old with a 16 months old daughter she truely seems to care about. (Her character is named after her daughter and she keeps talking about her) She doesn't seem like a slut at all to me in general and thus I start to wonder why my (ex-)friend would have lied to me (again) about something like that.

A few days later I learned a bit more; this player left a few in-game organizations because she was being harassed by several people of which she disclosed no names or specifics about the harassment. I never told her what my old friend told me about her, because she seems to be in enough troubles already...

How should I deal with this? Handing it over to the immortals is not an option, only to highest level imms can safely judge about this because of various reasons that are of no effect on this, but the higher level imms are usually too busy with coding to meddle around with players...

Now what should I do?