Thread: Ranking History
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road
Re: Ranking History

Here's a possibility, though unproven--and I say that to be fair and not as an assertion of what's occuring. And an even more simplar one following this.

The MUD in question can be played on a wide varriety of systems (IE, Firefox, Safari, Netscape(which is Firefox nowadays), and can allow for the creation of up to six characters (Alts) and Accounts.

(side stepping)
I myself have actually carried three other players on my Credit Card at Marrach without trouble. So name doesn't matter, only account number of the card. Plus, there is an option for month and yearly pay by check or money order. So addidtional accounts can be made using different cards, or by Mailed in payments.
However, the first month of an account is free. So technically one can concieveably create numerious limited time accounts under numerious names and addresses.

(back to possibility)
Now, since the IP address of the computer is already known by the Voting site, would it be then possible for the player to use another computer (or blackberry like device) to relog and vote again. Or, as I have come to learn, utilize a program that alters their computer's original IP Address, which can fool the Voting site and allow another vote (or many from the same person).

Other possibilities can be Voter Apathy, where they just don't bother voting, or Players of other Games can access TMS.com by other means.

Again, I say that the first Possibility is yet to be proveable either in theory or fact.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote