Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello

I played on the north end for close to a month and the only big event was some other person joining some religion and having to type out a long game lore info dump to a bunch of people to get accepted. People sitting there for the shebang were nodding or giving some other basic emote, and I remember that it reminded me of something like the Proms where people make a point to cough between movements whether they needed to or not. I think the most exciting thing I did in the northern kingdom was use the global shout command to humiliate this one guy who was breaking the "don't pick up newbies for sex" rule.

It was something like a week of corn picking until the slave term period was up. I think I had the option of panning for metal, but it wasn't any better. During that time the owner hardly ever was around except when it was time for her to collect the money I had earned, and she had a trigger set up so that she could automatically curtsey to people whenever she entered a room so that she didn't ruffle any feathers. The day before the term ended she took me to different class representatives who regurgitated to me the same class information that was found on the website so that I could choose a class and get right into what the owner OOCly called "the real game" once I was manumitted.

I spoke to two different people involved in hearing player complaints and explained to them how the whole slavery thing was working out, and they both apologized profusely and told me that the slavery system in the southern kingdom was its own unbeatable monster and the master/slave relationship rules really couldn't be enforced because feelings were hurt in the past and it was just a bad situation in general.

It's not that I can't do slave role play (I played a male Drow on a Drow-by-the-book game before), it's just that it was practically OOC grind slavery to precede what I was told would be the same game as in the northern kingdom.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote