View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
js_wilson

Name: Sean
Home MUD: Aardwolf
js_wilson is on a distinguished road
Looking for the Very Best Hack n' Slash

I have been playing alot of RP MUDs lately, but now I am ready to get back to my roots. Before I was playing MUDs, I was playing rougelikes, Nethack, Diablo 1, and the like. I am looking for the very best in Hack n' Slash MUDs. Pure, action packed PvE is what I am after. I am a big fan of quests, if they are well written. I like things like random loot drops, and lots of different gear options with different advantages and disadvantages, not just this gear is better than that because it's +5 instead of +3. I don't want to have to worry too much about eating and drinking while i'm crawling through dungeons smashing baddies. I like running with small groups, classic dnd style. Anyway, there are a lot of H&S muds out there, but I want to see H&S done right. Something that blends the very best elements of nethack and muds.

I like classic dnd style classes, races, and setting, but not necessarily a published dnd world, just your own spin on things. Classless is okay too, especially if it works something like ultima online. I just don't want to have to figure out what classes and races I have never heard of. At least give me a couple standard options like ranger or paladin, so I can get started quickly.

I like MUDs that make liberal use of MXP. If you've got a cool web client, even better. Your help files should be exhaustive. I don't like newbie schools. Just give me a newbie guidebook or something, unless you've got a really cool, interactive intro with mob scripts or something that gets me started on my first quest, and doesn't take too long.

I shouldn't have to read every room description, but at least some of them should be interesting, with stuff in the room descriptions I can LOOK at. I like it when you put some thought into your gear names and descriptions. I like well thought out use of ANSI color. Don't puke color vomit onto my screen, but don't forget I have ANSI either.

I am looking for pure PvE. PvP, if available at all, should be totally optional, like a dueling system or something. Anyway, that is what I am after. So let me know if this sounds like your MUD, and I will come give you a try.
js_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote