View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Gotta love people jumping down my throat for having an opinion, then coming up with their own opinion they expect to be respected.

First, don't feel sorry for my child. My choice not to have one is fully intentional.

Second, I didn't say pregnancies have to all be gorey and unpleasant, though I've witnessed a few (and was coach for one) and I can't think of ANYTHING pleasant about watching a placenta come out. The only pleasantry I can think of, is on the mother's part, for not having that last bit of pressure on her back and bladder.

Second, I never said it had to be hyper-realistic, and in fact some of you even quoted part of my point: that if ANY of what I had written was considered when implementing hard-coded pregnancy, I would think that game is a step up from most.

If you're going to hard-code pregnancy, then it just makes sense that there is also a hard-coded "unpleasant" side-effect of pregnancy. Just like in hard-coded combat - there is a victor, and there is a loser. That's the whole point of hard-coding it. In crafting skills there is success, there is failure, and there is severe failure (such as busting a rock, or ruining a hide, or shattering a blade, or even getting poisoned by taking a hide out of the tanning vat too soon).

I was asking - are there hard-coded effects to hard-coded pregnancy, that would provide for the POSSIBILITY of some sort of failure? If so, then awesome. If not, then it seems pointless and people should just go to the nearest store and order a ready-made baby, because that's all it amounts to other than a couple of snazzy echoes.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote