View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #5
Noximist

Noximist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Noximist Send a message via MSN to Noximist
Here's an example from mine - but let me say first that the dynamic descs on my MUD are not nearly as advanced as some other MUDs'.

Within the desert
Tumbleweeds - some the typical greyish ball, some still younger and green - dot the horizon here, rolling across the uneven, slate-grey sand. Partially buried, a skeleton bleached snow-white by the sun lies a short distance away. High dunes of built-up peaks and valleys jut randomly from the land, drawn out by the wind which whistles, hot and dry, over the low-slung bushes. To the south and west, the most viable routes lead through the desert.

[Exits: s, w]

Here's another from the same area, to illustrate the reuse of phrases; it becomes less obvious as we add more, but still:

Within the desert
A near-bloodied colour from the sediment thickening it, a narrow river of mud criss-crosses the plain at this point, while layers of rock, eroded into strange clay-toned shapes, rise into a column nearby. A nearby cleft has been cut by either wind or a pick, partly filled with sand; the wavering of heat-distortion seems almost to form a vague image of a small pond ahead. High dunes of built-up peaks and valleys jut randomly from the land, drawn out by the dry wind, while to the north, south, and up, the endless desert terrain stretches on.

[Exits: n, s, u]
Noximist is offline   Reply With Quote