View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 09:59 PM   #6
Loriel

Loriel is on a distinguished road
Whilst accepting your subsequent statement that you've invested too much time in your mud to change to LPC, the original reasons for choosing Circle are questionable, and you are now seeing some of the disadvantages of that decision.

There are several mudlibs available that provide something close to a "ready to run" mud, so you wouldn't have had to "code from scratch" (unless you preferred to).

I don't see why you dismiss LPC on the grounds that it's not "active and growing".

There is some validity in your final point that by using  CircleMUD you are "learning to code" - but doing something similar in LPC would also teach you to code - the difference being that LPC is of no direct relevance outside the MUD community, but the Object Oriented design techniques it uses may be more useful than the design techniques of CircleMUD.

Please note that I am not making the "LPC is better than C for muds" claim - I am merely saying that LPC has some advantages which should not be ignored or dismissed as you appear to have done.
Loriel is offline   Reply With Quote