View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 03:38 AM   #63
solefly

solefly is on a distinguished road
Um.. I have read all the previous posts in this thread as well as (I believe I made clear in a previous post) at least four (4) other threads regarding the DIKU license on this site.  There was no such thread posted which leads me to alter my opinion as to the the legality of said license..  I fail to see how the license aims to restrict donations of any kind.  Futhermore I have failed to find a post in which there is a correlation between another mud that had been banned and Aardwolf.  Insofar as the what the INTENT of the license states I'm afraid that I cannot reply as I did not recieve a copy of the INTENT of the license with my DIKU source code..  If that should have been included I would urge the "mud community" and "the people that actively tries to enforce it" to contact sites which distribute this source code and inform them that they should also include a copy of this INTENT.  I am thankfull that I found this forum otherwise I would just have taken the license at face value. AKA do not "profit" and do not sell the source code.  

Aardwolf did no such thing.  And I would futhermore have to say that this would be a difficult thing to do in the first place as I would assume that the Aardwolf obtained the same package of source code and documents completely devoid of the "IMPLIED INTENT" documentation.  Again I would have to encourage that action be taken against these sites which are supplying the souce code distribution without this vital "license clarifying" documentation.

Thus i fail to see implications regarding my distribution to be anymore than assumptions.  I believe that we all know the quote "When you assume..."  Also you cannot interpret a license..  This is a fact..  Which is odd considering how many threads have been run regarding it's interpretation.. hmm..  A license will only mean what it says, nothing more and nothing less.. Sorry again..

Or I guess any such meeting to determine what this vague license means.. (that would be helpfull too)

Until then please respond to sections which you quote in regards to the text you quote..