Thread: Hack n Slash
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
Some of the features I look for in a good HnS game are:

Levels - Classes - Give me immediate gratification for slaughtering hordes of mobs. Don't try and get all fancy with some silly skill tree that eventually creates either carbon copy characters or turns into classes without the names attached.

Enforced IC rules - Nothing ruins the atmosphere quicker than a bunch of whining pansies walking around spouting off "thee and thou".  I don't want to deal with someone trying to act out the emotional state of a depressed elf.

Global Channels - Tells - Having the ability to immediately gloat about killing a powerful mob to the rest of the world, hold private conversations about tactics, or chat with others about the best type of music is great.

Show me Numbers -  I like numbers, don't try and hide them from me and turn things into a guessing game.

Unlimited Deaths - You win some, you lose some.  Keep the bonuses for winning high, and the penalty for losing low.

Screw Realism - I get realism 22 hours a day, make my two hours of escape enjoyable.  Don't bog the game down with unneeded mechanics added for "realism".

Keep the game fresh, make changes when people become set in a pattern.  Have an interesting world that I can explore when I want to, but don't have to read every description just to do something.  Have complex mechanics that are not complex (it makes sense to me...really).
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote