Thread: Area Credits
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 03:54 AM   #2
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
I agree that the typical form of credits for an area usually isn't enough, but I don't know if adding in anyone who's worked on the area is also the way to go. It's one thing if someone had to go through and add in room descriptions, new mobs and new objects, but should they share credit with someone who'd gone through and fixed 2 or 3 typos?

As an Admin and head builder, I go through all areas on our mud and revise and balance them before they get put up. If the area has a builder, i report and typos, grammar errors and balance issues to them, and let them deal with it. Most of out areas have come from area exchanges or other area depositories, so it's up to me to balance them and fix errors I find. I don't feel comfortable putting my name in an extended credits file for each area I work on, to me it's like saying I need some kind of recognition, which I don't want. I would also feel funny putting my name on an area as a balancer if I only had to balance a few things, I don't feel I've done as much work as the person who wrote the area.

My eventual goal is to have a helpfile on each area up on our mud. It's going to list a short synopsis of the area, who built and if they worked on the mud, where we got it (stock, area exchange, off the net, built for the mud, etc), and about the time it was put in. If we can get a short bio of the person who made the area I'll throw that in.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote