View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 03:20 AM   #4
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
Hail!

Yes, 'new' is relative, it is new to me anyway. I knew about LD a while ago but the lack of discussion about DGD in the places I visit is kinda surprising.

I find that most teams want to remake almost everything but time presses them to accept more of the original code than they like. With DGD you would have to do the work to make the basics and there could be no easy answers. In the free MU* world that could be a big plus.

I like LD too, but the Persistance in DGD is the main thing I have always had a problem with in standard LP. Having that would be such an improvement that it has caught my attention in a big way.

And it is not totally from scratch, a couple of mudlibs exist that cover some of the messier items, like chat lines and security. Combat, characters, spells, that sort of detail yes, but lots of examples exist for those things. Skill-wise I do not see it as a problem, but the time would be increased. But I think most Team take waaayyy too long to get stuff done so with just a little more focus it is very doable.

But I guess it has not reached enough people yet because outside of Skotos and a few games here and there I do not see a lot of work being done with DGD.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote