View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
From your description EC's system sounds very cool. However the thrust of your statement is correct, I didn't represent the full detail of combat in Godwars, where:

o Each player their 4 separate combat tables from which the player chooses techniques in combat, right hand, left hand, head and feet, and these tables change based on your weapon, use of magic, encumbrance, and specific talents (based on class and actual feat-like talents). So for example in the combat I described I was typing something like 'rs;rw;rf;rf;rf;ld', which stands for 'right snap', 'right wiggle', 'right fist', etc., the motions of my character's hands and fingers. These individual actions initiate their own attacks and defenses and in combination actuate more complex moves.

o Movement is also position based, in fact the whole game world is coordinate-based, so you can jump over your opponent, ride in circles around your target while shooting arrows or fireballs, etc.

o Because combat is truly handed your opponent can do things like slice off your hand and beat you with it.

o One of the coolest things about God Wars IMO is that not only are characters quite customizable, you can retroactively rebuild much of your character's abilities at any time, dropping talents and powers and choosing new ones depending on what tactics you wish to employ. I realize this is not something you want to do in a RP game like Eternal City, but for God Wars it's an excellent feature.

Anyway, I haven't ever tried a p2p mud, but thanks for your description of EC, I might try it out.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote