View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #116
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Valg wrote:
No, it's not fair to apply that set of standards to every decision. It's fair to apply it to legal issues. Stuffing the ballot box here on TMS is not a legal issue. It's TMS internal issue in which the proper judge is Synozeer, and thus he handled it.

The DIKU license is a legal issue, on the other hand, and thus should be resolved in the courts. Nobody here is even an intellectual property expert, much less a judge, and to act as if it's a foregone conclusion that Medievia is guilty of violating the DIKU license is not justice, at all. If the DIKU owners feel strongly enough that they are being harmed, they will avail themselves of their options under the law. If they don't feel they're being harmed enough to go to the trouble of a lawsuit then I think it's simply quite unfair to assume Medievia is guilty, regardless of how distasteful some people might find Vyrce to be.

I mean look, I'm not defending him personally. He's not someone I'd choose to spend my time with or do business with, but that's not really relevant to anything, and I feel like the -main- reason Medievia gets attacked so much is because people dislike him personally. Plenty of other MUDs are engaging in the same things that others have used as an excuse to attack Medievia for, including muds in the top 10 on TMS, and it's really only Medievia that seems to get attacked regularly.

Anyway, this is off-topic. It's Threshold's list and if he wants to exclude Medievia, I respect that, though I also disagree. As long as it is his list and not some sort of 'official' Topmudsites list, I guess it also doesn't matter much.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote