View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #93
Dask

Dask is on a distinguished road
Ok guys, this is getting a bit out of hand. No, Matt didn't ask me to post for you conspiracy theorists out there (bet you think we didn't go the moon, too, eh?) and I'm not even using my Achaean char's name, so there is NO way I can benefit at all from this post IC, so don't assume. That being said...

IRE is a very succesful business. The EULA is pretty encompassing, but here's what I want to know, you guys keep saying credits are bought with real money and then lost due to actions entirely their own, because of actions of a thid party.

Now, let me give you a scenario. I go to the Bowling Alley and see one of thos little quarter machines that you use the claw to get a stuffed animal out of it. I put my quarter in and I'm positioning the claw above what I want. I'm lined up perfectly. I get what I want, the stuffed animal. Then, later that same day, before leaving the bowling alley, I lose it. I look and look and can't find it. I have now lost my quarter because of actions my own. Do I have the right to sue the Bowling Alley because I couldn't keep up with the toy?

I have been a leader in a couple of Achaea's Guilds and I'm a leader in an Aetolian guild now. I have outguilded people, causing them to lose lessons. Did I do so frivolously? No, because if I had, the Admin would of come down hard on me. Did I know I would be taking away a person's lessons? Yes. But the actions of these people deserve it. I am a secretary of the Luminaries on Aetolia. The Guild, a good guild, has one very strictly enforced rule. Don't associate with those opposed to our ideals. Everyone gets a few warnings and if they continue to break it, they are kicked out. We do, however, allow them to join Family Clans and if they have family members who are 'evil' then they can talk to them - on that clan.

This member kept bashing with his IC brother, a Cabalist. We told him to stop assiciating. He told us to screw ourselves. He was warned. Next day, he's with the guy again. We tell him to stop again or face stiffer consequences. Once again, we get told to screw ourselves. Going into the room with him, I turned on an ability that lets me see tells. I see him talking about how he's gonna stay 'in the guild until he gets class (GR3, at which point the skills cannot be removed by anyone but an immortal, which won't happen) and then quit, so he can be an Evil Luminary. At this point, we outguilded him. He lost about 600 lessons, which equates to 100 credits, which equates to $40. The guilds do not outguild willy nilly, on any IRE game. The people that are outguilded, have it coming. Those of you that are anti-IRE, look at the issues and stop hating on the company because they're "bigger" or "more profitable" or whatever it is that make you people want to cry and hold your teddy bear.

-a longtime IRE customer
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote