Thread: Aardfolk
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
AardWolfe

AardWolfe is on a distinguished road
OK, well, having only just joined this forum, I thought I'd try and get a thread going to see how many people who play Aardwolf actually read and post to this forum. If you're on Aard, feel free to chip in. :)

MUDwise, I think most of the people there know me, whether they like me or not. To make sure there's no confusion, I play under the name 'Wolfe', hence the amusing username here. I found Aard in something like 1997, played for a while, then inexplicably stopped for about 18 months. Found my way back again, and never left. I was one of the Immortal staff for about a year, and stepped down generally because I found being a player is more fun ;) I now run the on the MUD, our little cross between a clan and an attempt at a satirical newspaper.

Off the MUD, I'm 31, male, born in Yorkshire, England. I'm a qualified nurse, and worked in coronary care, operating theatres and general medicine since I qualified in 1994. When I'm in England at the minute, I generally do agency work, not being able to hold down a permanent contract. The reason for this is I'm spending most of my time in the US, trying to get my act together with a marriage and green card. My fiancee is american, lives in the US, and yes, I met her on Aardwolf. We've been together for over 18 months now, and the wedding will be as soon as possible. This is complicated by the fact that God hates us both. ;)

When I'm not MUDding, I usually have my head buried in a book, music playing in an endless loop on Winamp. I fiddle with the computer constantly, more out of a desire to keep the bloody thing working than any actual techgeek leanings. I enjoy playing various roguelike games, becoming periodically obsessed with Nethack, ADOM, or ToME, in no particular order. I'm also one of those people who's convinced they'll be a bestselling author one of these days. I keep up a livejournal for anyone interested in the minutae of my day-to-day life, url for which should be floating around in my profile.

And that's about it. I wonder if anyone else will post? ;)
AardWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote