Thread: Good vs. Evil
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 11:07 AM   #3
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
Curiously enough, the majority of my characters are evil. And I am about the sweetest person you'll ever meet irl, hehe. But I simply can't stand the "lawful good" type of alignment, or your average do-gooder, slay the monster, defend the innocent type. I play mostly thieves, so alot of them are neutral evil. They can be selfish and underhanded, willing to go to any lengths to get what they desire, or they simply could care less about the laws of the realms, and do whatever pleases them at that time.

I think one thing that nearly all of my characters possess is a lack of respect for authority and "goodness". They are very apathetic, and even hostile towards the law. There are two characters who I can think of right off, who may not be that way. But one fights for what she perceives as "good", even though it is quite the opposite of what everyone else considers "good". And the other is much the same way, thinking that what she does is "good", when it fact it is rather horrifying, though her actions are mostly due to naivety, as she is still just a child.

And I think that this describes Dionae fairly well:

Anarchist characters tend to be the most adventurous and fun-loving people around. They have a devil-may-care attitude, and will go to any lengths to make life happier and more pleasurable for themselves, often forgetting about the consequences. They tend to be blind to the world around them, concentrating more on self-gratification and self-indulgence, and thus, ending up following only the laws that make sense to them. Although friendly, they frequently prioritize their own pleasure above another's well being.

But I'm not evil.. really...
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote