Thread: Good vs. Evil
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 08:51 AM   #10
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I understand the "alignment" system as defined by TSR, but it just doesn't apply to my characters. The game I play doesn't use such alignments, and in fact the term itself is applied to the game's socio-religious-political affiliation rather than personality type.

My character would be considered *by other darklanders* (if they knew her better, which they don't) to be lawful good. She is manipulative and conniving, she presents a false facade of being sweet, cheerful and pleasant while at the same time plotting to gain power and put the scum-sucking evil lightlanders under the rule of the dark. This includes, but is not limited to, indentured servantry, slavery, conversion to dark religion, and death. In the darklands, this IS considered lawful good. In the lightlands, her behavior (again, if they knew her better) would be considered unlawful evil.

A lightlander might see the EXACT same things, with the exception of slavery, as being good - as long as it's the lightlander doing it against the darklander. And the darklander target would see this as being evil.

So as you can see, these TSR categories just plain don't apply. The TSR system would see ALL characters of dark and light as being evil, with different shades of lawfulness. Twilighters would also be considered evil, because they dare to profit off the other two alignments' losses and bring both under the "neutrality" rule of their own alignment.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote