Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #14
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
Sex inside the game has been a topic of converstation for me of late because my new game project is going to include babies. Players can breed with other players or with NPCs.

I am sorry for the people I am about to offend, but I find real violence to be FAR more objectionable than sex. And since we are talking about 'text' here I feel quite comfy with my voluntary underage flag. I use every manipulative trick I know to get people to tell the truth when the Mud asks 'Are you over the age of consent in your home Country?'. Lying about this can get you removed from the game, and sooner or later anybody, especially a kid, is gonna get found out.

If you lie, somewhere a clock starts ticking. When it dings, your time on the game may very well be over, f o r e v e r.

I think a certain level of reality is needed in the relationship between the players for it to be much fun. But game sex can of course become obsessive very easily, so it has to be part of a pretty intense game setting. And really, of all the other creative arts, music, literature, paintings, and on an on, what topic tops Sex except Love?

Private spaces, with locking doors, and snoop-shields, are really good ideas if you allow this sort of play. Public spaces should remain PG to allow everyone free run of the game. Knowing you are blocked from every form of remote viewing available to anyone, Saff (except Admin), and all other players is really necessary. On a game that is based on Role Playing the GameMasters have to watch you quite a bit. Being able to 'turn off the lights' has to have some extra game functions attached to make things work properly.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote