View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:46 AM   #75
Rundvelt

Rundvelt is on a distinguished road
Achaea is a pretty good mud run by decent people. They have made mistakes in the past, but who hasn't. This comment isn't really to slight them, just to point out a couple of things that they (and other muds like them) should seriously consider when they are accepting money for their services...

1) With players running the clans, any complaints that occur because of "loss of" PAID abilities (such as lessons as one person said), is VERY actionable in a court of law. Especially when it's a 3rd party removing (or altering) the customer's paid product. Because then it's the burden of the service provider to prove that their agents acted properly.

2) With any sort of "payment" for a character, the player then does have some legal ground for character ownership. This means that it may be illegal for your to "nuke" someone who has paid for the character depending on your state.

I'm paraphrasing of course. These are the laws (at least, as I remember them. I could be wrong but I don't think so) from Canada, so they may or may not be different then the states.

Also, it's very important to look at the law and see what you can and cannot place into a contract. For example, a company cannot void a guarantee in a contract. Depending on what state (or even country), you reside in, it may be illegal for you to confiscate their paid product on your server.

But since you refunded Kimberly's money, the point is moot.
Rundvelt is offline   Reply With Quote