View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 06:07 PM   #4
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
While I understand your dilemma, I'm not sure that paying builders is a good idea for the community. There are tons of competent, reliable, dedicated builders who build as a cherished hobby instead of a supplemental income source. I would rather put funds into rewarding the beleagured administrative and coding staff like a bonus, rather than sink that into a pure paid building staff.

The logistics of it would become a nightmare too. How would you keep track of rooms built to standard especially if a plethora of builders flock to your world for the coins? Tabulating what you owed each for services rendered would always be a contention as well as seriously hold legal issues for minors, taxation, employment benefits etc.

While I realize you would classify it as like paying a babysitter or a kid to mow your lawn, but given the issues of authorship and contractual service added to that, it could get really sticky.

My two cents, I'm sure others will have some enlightening comments on this subject.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote