View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #20
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Speaking more to the client side, one thing I've always wanted in my muds but never found was real encapsulation of text, meaning that when I send 'help combat' to the mud it sends me back the combat help file -as- a mini combat help file. Also take combat itself -- the mud sends that as a 'combat stream', and so on.

You have a rudimentary form of this already with client spawn windows, where you can capture tells, channel talk, etc., but it could be taken to the next level such that you would have a contiguous record of your help requests, your combat, and everything else you wanted to define as a separate stream. Of course the actual game play would still take place in a main window if you so wshed.

Moving along, to access this information your client could be an actual '3D' client, such that you are playing the mud within a mud so to speak -- the main game window is front and center, but when you want to look at the help stream, you just 'rotate left', instead of having to either position many sub windows on your 2d computer screen, or alt or control tab through different windows. With 3D text you can also zoom in and out -- and heck, even have a friend playing in the same 'room' as you, and you can check out their game play window, even if you're in Illinois and they're in Iran.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote