View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #33
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I did not ignore any of your points and I didn't insult you. You *DO* have a very bad habit of going way off topic, dredging up conversations from years past, and twisting them to your purposes. This is a well known behavior of yours. You did it to me in this thread. If you consider it an insult when someone asks you to stop doing it, then I would recommend that you not do it in the first place.

You also totally conjured up a straw man when you said "And if every mud is an RP mud, and the "Intensive" part is agreed to be subjective, does that mean you believe that every mud should be classified as an RPI mud?"

I never said anything remotely like the statements you were arguing against. I never said every mud is an RP mud, nor did I say anything even approaching that. Thus, yours was a classic straw man argument.

I simply refuse to indulge your flights of fancy.

Why do you insist on asking me to repeat myself over and over again? I already explained my view on the matter in great detail. If you actually want to know my opinion, re-read my posts (particularly my last one before this).

If you want me to refine one of my points, then try talking about my points rather than completely different ones that you invent and then attribute to me.

Nothing in your last post actually addressed anything I wrote. All you did was restate your "proof" that relies completely on steps that do not follow from each other. Points #2 and #3 are so ridiculous that they are laughable.

According to your points #2 and #3, Doom would be an RPG. If that is really what you want to argue, then have fun by yourself.

It sounds like all you want to do here is throw out your totally unconnected opinions and expect people to do nothing but discuss YOUR opinions. You aren't reading what I write and worse than that, you are attributing your own phantom counter-points to me. If you don't like the points I am making, you simply invent more convenient ones and act like I made them.

I honestly do not see what is productive about this discussion at this point.

It is ironic that the only reason I read this thread in the first place was when I saw you had posted here. Now it is because of your posts that I'm done. Your posts used to be very interesting and worthwhile. Both here and on usenet, I would read a thread simply because it showed "KaVir" as one of the posters. You used to stay on topic and respond to points people actually made rather than just invent new, more convenient ones that you erroneously attribute to them.

Those days are slowly becoming a distant memory. Of late, all I read from you is bitterness, rancor, and hostility. That's a shame.

Have fun with your straw men.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote