Thread: Your first MUD?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #42
Ghostcat

Home MUD: Unwritten Legends
Ghostcat is on a distinguished road
Re: Your first MUD?

My first... I played when I was 9 or so.
I have no real memory of it, only the fact that it's the origin of my original tag- whitetiger.
I used to play whenever we'd pack up the pc and drive to the library to connect to the internet.

Later my mother gave me a (huge) laptop, with a tiny screen, with some kind of text based adventure game.
All I remember from that is that there was a monster that tickled you to death in it. (though thinking back, it could have been text lingo for a low damage attack)

My next mud was Prophecy, based on David Eddings' novels. Didn't stay too long there, restrictions on magic, and needing to eat every five minutes annoyed me too much.

Later, I settled on Arcane Nites 2.x. Had a blast with the crafting and skill circles.
(Making a full suit of armor out of mercury was also fun, as the material didn't really make any difference in the finished product.)
Sadly, it was in its decline, even then. Saw maybe one or two other players the whole time...

After a span of time, I tried NWA on someone's recommendation. I understood how many people could enjoy it, but it wasn't for me.

Tried out UL, and was hooked!
Best FE I've ever used too.

Oh, and ConQUEST on the side (less cool FE, but still neat)

PS: Err, that was longer than I intended. if anyone wants me to, I can chop it down.

Last edited by Ghostcat : 08-25-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote