Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Suicide Boy

Suicide Boy is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM

This is probably unwanted feedback (apologies in advance), but one of the realities of life is that if people devote a large portion of their time to something, they usually expect to be paid for it. I'm not trying to give a lecture here, but I do think that you should give pay-for-perks MUDs a fair shake, if you are able (admittedly, a comfortable amount of perks can be pretty pricey in this genre). It's not always just a question of the owners being "greedy," and unfortunately, giving perks in exchange for donations is one of the only ways to make money with a MUD. Even the best of us can be stingy when donating is done solely out of the goodness of our hearts.

Utterly and completely free MUDs that are also totally awesome are a bit thin on the ground, because there are server costs, bandwidth and perhaps paychecks to cover. You might look into Wheel of Time MUD; I don't know much about it myself, but I know it's RP-required and "totally free," and a fairly venerable game, too.

What you're asking for really sounds more like a MUSH than a MUD, though, except for the ten lines of flowery prose thing. But I imagine there might be a MUSH out there that would work for you.
Suicide Boy is offline   Reply With Quote