View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Sneux

Sneux is on a distinguished road
Smile Looking for a MUD (you guys must get a lot of these)

Alright, so first a bit of background introduction. I have played quite a few MUDs in my day some big like Achaea, some not so big like Dark Legacy(probably my first but that would be a tie between Dark Legacy and StormHunters). I know what I want/like and will list that down below. If they are flexible categories I will put such.

1. Preferably RP oriented although it does not have to be, as I will gladly take an RPI(E) MUD although I'd prefer RPI(E) over no RP, but as long as there is some RP I will be happy.

2. A player-base, this is somewhat of a flexible category as I want a larger player-base, I've seen a few MUDs with >100 people while others with no more then 10, but as long as there is at least >25/20 people on and around (such as not AFK) at any given time that would be nice.

3. Clans/Guilds/Organizations, mainly as long as the MUD itself offers some from of Clans (not partying but clans) that would also be great. (a place where clans can battle each other, 'raid' dungeons together, that sort of thing if you will).

4. PK/PvP I love a strong PvE but every now and then I'd like a MUD where I could face another play in combat, and this is where the next categories come in...

5. Balanced, I like some MUDs just for their balanced play however others (of which I won't mention out of not wishing to start a blame game/flame war if you get me) aren't balanced. Such as some classes are more powerful or have more advantages than others. (a wide variety of classes and skills is preferable classless would be even much more preferable but it isn't AS important as some of the other categories.)

6. Advantages, now I'm all for MUDs who use equipment and skills as a way to get donations but I think that makes the MUD a bit more unbalanced so as close to a completely free to play MUD as possible would be awesome.

7. Large environment with plenty to do (and always more coming), like I mentioned earlier, clans, PK, RP, skills et cetera, plus stuff like quests to do and challenges, many areas to check out and constant development going on.

8. No perma death, this didn't use to be a big deal with me however I'm in it for the long haul and something accidentally while making the character more meaningful kinda puts a damper on the fact that developing a character might just be for nothing. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

9. Not JUST Hack and Slash, I'm all for hack and slash but after a while kill goat ... kill 2.goat ... kill 3.goat just gets boring, I would like some sort of quests and or RP/clans like I mentioned earlier, just putting this one on a different line t o show this also applies here (as I don't wish to sound redundant).

10. Atmosphere/World(MUD wide) events (IC or OOC type events), this is where it all ties in, I want an atmosphere that isn't always fixed...where I as the player or WE as the player-base can shape the atmosphere and the way things like the environment are. This isn't to be taken as strongly as it may seem but always having a certain atmosphere of like (get ready for lame cliche example) Evil Dragon trying to take over the world, you must stop him! (but nothing ever happens and this 'dragon' is never really part of the gameplay/MUD as a whole. This might be confusing for some so if you don't understand don't worry ^.^

Thank you guys, if you have ANY questions or MUD suggestions (as the latter is the purpose for this thread haha) feel free to ask via a post, thanks again!

Last edited by Sneux : 06-13-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Checking about the formatting
Sneux is offline   Reply With Quote