View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #94
IZDemon

Home MUD: Shattered Isles
IZDemon is on a distinguished road
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

I currently do not play Dragon Realms but I have played it on and off for the past 17-18 years. I recently have been considering going back again. It is the ONLY mud that I would consider paying money for. The game mechanics are far superior to most all other muds that I have played and I have played dozens over the years. Your paid subscription allows for the game to continue to put out a product that is a higher quality than most any other mud on the market.

Unless things have changed since I last played the issue I have is the comment about RP. There is not a strong RP presence in DR. I personally prefer RP and I have to seek out small pockets of players that actually do RP consistently in DR.

With that being said, I will someday no doubt log back in and play DR once again because it truly is a fantastic game. If paying for a mud is not your cup of tea then I can understand but it truly does make it higher quality than your typical mud. I challenge you to give me an unbiased list of muds that are just as good that I can play for free. I think if you're honest with yourself you'll be hard pressed to do so.

Edit to add: The learning curve in DR can be steep and that may be a turn off to some people. I was fortunate to have a friend help me along when I first started.
IZDemon is offline   Reply With Quote