View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 AM   #4
mudnutx

mudnutx is on a distinguished road
I meant power "games": I am an excellent speller but a terrible typist with 1 finger.

Perhaps I should go into more detail:

About 3 years ago I began mudding. I tried dozens of MUDs at a perfunctory level until I came to Medievia. I was blown away by their expanse and applied to be a builder there. To my surprise I was accepted. I got 95 percent of the way into building the zone until the staff started stuffing me around. I was required to use a graphical tool and was given no training in it. I am not a graphics man. I am a wordsmith. So when I stuffed the graphics up I got a vague note from a staff member saying that my zone status was changed and my work was "garish". I asked what was going on and got a rude, accusative note accusing me of deliberately quoting another god out of context. I do not deliberately quote anyone out of context. We argued about it and they fired me. Their playerbase, who had never been very happy with me being a builder, said that they were glad to see the back of me.

Then I built for a few other MUDs that didn't work out. In one the owner walked out to be with his girlfriend. In another the owner shut down the MUD for no reason. Then I built a bit for Tempus but found that the "robot factory" zone wasn't my scene.

Right now, I am building for Forsaken Dreams - a MUD that is not yet open to players. I am about 3/4 of the way through building a zone and the admins like my work. But when I finish the zone I will probably seek out another MUD; I would prefer to make a zone that players are actually going through. These days I don't play MUDs a lot. I mainly build. So it is often a problem if I am required to get to level x to become a builder.

The only MUD that I have played this year is Legends of Karinth so I might apply to build for them.

What a ride through the building caper. Three years of it and I still haven't finished any zone. And not through any lack of efforts; just these Muds that keep mucking me about.
mudnutx is offline   Reply With Quote