View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 12:09 AM   #33
Theomanic

Theomanic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Theomanic
That is a very good question.  Myself, I have made characters both good and bad looking.  I find it very interesting the changes and lackthereof in the perceptions of my character.

First of all, when I am a less attractive character, I find a lot of people are still responding basically to my personality and the fact that I am female.  I've had characters described outright as homely, and still I get flowery compliments and presents, as long as I'm nice.  Call me cynical, but I think if they were really envisioning my character, that many people would not be so inclined to kindness towards strangers.

Secondly, when I make descriptions that are very sexy or good looking, I get a little more attention, yes, but I have noticed the "good" roleplayers tend to be cautious around me.  Basically most people assume that anyone who has a description like that is probably interested in c-sex (and probably a guy, I bet).  People who have been roleplaying a long time tend to look down upon characters who are too sexy in their descriptions.  I feel I have to prove myself as capable of RP to anyone who has a lot of credibility, because they are wont to assume otherwise.

- Theomanic
Theomanic is offline   Reply With Quote