View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #6
Crystal

Name: Crystal
Home MUD: Advent of the Mists
Home MUD: Advent of the Mists
Crystal is on a distinguished road
I think a lot of the questions you have now are good, especially asking what they would change about the current game.

What you also might want to do is give them sample scenarios and ask how they would handle them as an immortal.  Perhaps even past scenarios that have already happened on your MUD.

That way you'll have an idea how they may act as an immortal.

Two major problems I've seen when MUD's bring up new immortals are this.

1. They bring up most, if not all of the great dedicated players, and then there are no more people to lead the clans/orgs, or to invoke the roleplay and storylines.  I've seen this happen on several occasions.

2. Some MUD's only bring up people who code, build, or are in some way affiliated or friends with the current staff.  Then there is a tendancy to provide them with more le-way.

Also some immortals don't really know what they're getting into and the dedication it takes in the position.  So providing the expectations you have of them from the start would prevent people from biting off more than they can chew.

I think you have a good start on the questions, but again, I think you should give them scenarios to respond to.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote